ONGOING WORKSHOPS/CLASSES WITH SHARON
I. WRITING THROUGH CANCER: Expressive Writing Workshops
Sharon is a masterful teacher and guide.. she creates a space of safety, creativity, and healing…Those who write with Sharon begin to make positive meaning out of the difficult journey of cancer, and they also have the opportunity to discover and share a new voice–a voice of strength and story that will be honored in its sharing. It has been such a gift for me to participate in this life-changing group.
Quite simply, it has changed my life.
–Members, Stanford Cancer Center writing group
- WRITING THROUGH CANCER, online: Sharon’s blog featuring weekly writing prompts for those suffering from cancer, loss, hardship or any debilitating illness. loss or life’s challenges–available online. To read and/or subscribe, visit www.writingthroughcancer.org. If you need inspiration to write from any difficult life experience, you’ll find it here.
- WHEN WORDS HEAL: Writing Through Cancer: SCRIPPS CANCER CENTER, La Jolla, CA: A six week expressive writing series at Scripps Cancer Center, Scripps Clinic & Scripps Green Hospital, for men and women living with cancer. Next series begins February 6th, 2017. Six weeks. 9:30 – 12 n. 10666 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA. Contact Tom Friedman, LCSW at (858) 554-8533 or Friedman.Tom@scrippshealth.org.
- WRITING THROUGH CANCER: UCSD MOORES CANCER CENTER. A six week expressive writing program for men and women living with cancer. Next series tbd in early 2017. 9:30 – 11:30. Free. UCSD Moores, La Jolla, CA. For more information and to register, call Liliana Cardenas, 858-822-5381.
…Sharon Bray is magnificent…As a survivor, she understands…thoughts and emotions… in a way others cannot…The Writing Through Cancer program was as important to my personal healing process as any chemotherapy, radiation or medication I received.
–Participant, Scripps Green Cancer Center
II. CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPS & CLASSES
Sharon is an extraordinary teacher, whose gift is to create a setting where anyone, regardless of writing experience or talent, can feel comfortable in allowing his or her personal emotions to find expression in words. This is an unusual gift [and] makes each class a remarkable meeting, where the participants are often surprised at where their writing takes them, the experiences it brings up from memory, the feelings they consequently re-discover.These workshops change the participants. I know, because I am changed myself, and in ways that make me more fully engaged as a person, with others.
—Participant, The Writers’ Workshop at Stanford Medical School
UCLA EXTENSION WRITERS’ PROGRAM, www.uclaextension.edu/writers
- TRANSFORMATIONAL WRITING: Writing to Heal, Turning Life into Art , online– Next offering tbd. Contact UCLA extension for information and to register.. www.uclaextension.edu/writers
- THE WRITERS’ WORKSHOP@STANFORD MEDICAL SCHOOL: Palo Alto, CA. Part of the Literature & Humanities program directed by Audrey Shafter, M.D., Next workshop is January 28, 2017, all day. Enrollment limited to faculty, staff, alumni & students of the Stanford Medical School. Registration: email@example.com
- SECOND SUNDAY WRITERS. Women’s writing group offered by Sharon. By invitation. Meets monthly, 2 – 5 p.m. $105 per quarter. Current series is full. For information, contact Sharon.
* * * * *
Sharon Bray is an extraordinary instructor who really knows her subject and makes the effort to know her students and their capabilities.
–Student, UCLA ext. Writer’s Program
Sharon is a gifted instructor and guide. She brings knowledge, experience and sacredness to this process.
–Participant, ”Writing as a Healing Ministry”